Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BEER#1: FOUNDERS REDS RYE P.A.



The first beer I chose to film was Founders Red's Rye P.A. The filming did not come out as good as I would have liked but I am still getting used to the system I am working with. My tripod could also use an upgrade. I love the Founders beers I have had so far and this one was certainly not an exception.

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS BEER: Looks very appetizing (head, color), Hop aroma and flavor that rivals most IPAs I have had, Malt backbone balances the hops well, Taste lasts and makes it a good session beer (goes down very smoothly).

The only thing I would really change about this beer would be the mouthfeel and the price. The mouthfeel could use a bit more substance. The price here in Western MA is $12-13 for a six pack. I would love to make this my session beer of choice but $2 per bottle is a bit steep (for a session beer).


FINAL GRADE: 4.5 / 5 = A (for great taste, aroma, appearance and drinkability.)

No comments:

Post a Comment