Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BEER#6: FULLERS ESB



The sixth beer I chose to film was Fullers ESB. I have had this beer a few times and this last time I enjoyed it the most. You really gotta find the fresh ones to enjoy this one fully. I got a six pack that was about 10-11 months before the freshness date.

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS BEER: Taste and mouthfeel were great. The taste is a nice balance of very good, somewhat-caramelly malts with a nice laid-back fruity/earthy/citrus hop profile. The bitterness is low and helps create one of the better malt/hop balances I have experienced. The medium body and moderately high carbonation back up the flavor almost perfectly for a very smooth mouthfeel. It is highly drinkable due to the above aspects as the taste seems to stay the same throughout several of these.

I really wouldn't change much here. The price is great for an import. A bit of creaminess to the mouthfeel would make it outstanding but that is nitpicking. The looks could use better head retention and lacing but are still good. The smell was nice but could have used a bit more strength.

FINAL GRADE: 4.3 / 5 = A (for great taste, mouthfeel and drinkability, good aroma and looks)

No comments:

Post a Comment